The Croatian Red Cross has, within the IPA project “SEE Forum on Climate Change Adaptation”, initiated a process of forming a network of Civil Society Organizations (CSO) on the topic climate change adaptation in Croatia. Although the participating CSOs differ in terms of their background and main field of interest (social, economic, environmental and humanitarian area), they share the same interest in the field of Climate Change Adaptation.
The Network members are Croatian Civil Society Organizations from environmental, humanitarian, economical and social area of work and interest. The network represents a permanent platform, raising awareness on the influence and the consequences of climate change in the Republic of Croatia, in particular within the general population, decision makers and governmental institutions. The network further works on the promotion of sustainable development, disaster risk reduction influenced by climate changes with special focus on vulnerable groups (elderly persons, chronically ill persons, children etc.) at all levels of local and regional self-government.
- Advocating and influencing decision makers on the necessity of climate change adaptation through different ways of communication.
- Raising awareness of decision making level and general public level about necessity of Climate Change Adaptation and damage control of Climate Changes trough public campaigns, press releases and other activities in order to reduce vulnerability.
- Coordination and cooperation between Civil Society Organizations, governmental institutions on all levels of local and regional self-government in the Climate Change Adaptation field, technological consulting and indicating best practices examples.
- Information exchange between Network members on practical and expert level
- Information exchange between Network members about activities on Climate Change Adaptation on regional and international level.
Priorities of the Network
- Agriculture and forestry
- Land use / transport
- Disaster risk reduction